Bronstein helps young people face challenges and overcome adversity in a positive and kid-friendly way. Her message has helped thousands of children and their families deal with disabilities.
Her latest picture book, Stewie BOOM! and Princess Penelope: Handprints, Snowflakes and Play-dates, shows readers how children and families can embrace differences and it also gives parents the tools to help facilitate successful social interactions between children with ASD and their typical playmates. Bronstein’s inspiration for writing the book comes from her own experience parenting a child with special needs. She began writing stories to help her son face the challenges of elementary school…and so, the Stewie BOOM! book series was born!
With Autism Spectrum Disorder on the rise, Bronstein hopes to raise awareness of the advantages of inclusion and finding points of connection with children with ASD. She has advice for young people and their families on inclusivity and welcoming special needs children in our community.
“In my work in publishing, I have focused on voices that are too often left out of the world of books. If they were represented as a group, people with disabilities would be the largest minority group in the US and they are very underrepresented in the world of publishing.”
– Christine Bronstein
In An Interview/Article, Bronstein Can Share:
- 3 ways for parents & kids to embrace diversity this Autism Awareness Month
- What parents can do to welcome special needs children into the community
- How parents can help facilitate successful social interactions between children with ASD & their typical playmates
- Practical tips for both special needs families going on a playdate & the families welcoming them
- Ready-to-use parenting tips for raising a child with special needs
“A useful and compassionate tale about inclusivity for kids and parents.”
– Kirkus Reviews
“The Stewie BOOM! series should be on every pediatrician’s recommended reading list.”
– Dr. Bill Sears, 40-time Bestselling Author